Financial support for students

International students are not usually eligible for state financial aid. However, students who are not citizens of Finland but live in Finland on a permanent basis for purposes other than studying (for example, work or family ties) are eligible for student financial aid. They must be registered as permanent residents in the Finnish population register system. The purpose of residency in Finland is determined by reference to such matters as the residence permit, registration or acceptance to an educational institution.

For more information concerning student financial aid,